I’m trying to study for my Psychology course and I need some help to understand this question.
1. “It is valid to suggest that some cultures are morally superior to others.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your conclusion by basing it on evidence from one of the moral psychological models discussed in your textbook.
2. Create a diagram that shows how the different levels of Kohlberg’s model of moral reasoning, Shweder’s different codes of ethics, and the five different moral intuitions are related to each other.
3. An orthodox religious adherent is debating with a progressive religious adherent about abortion. They each provide a certain number of justifications for their perspectives. In the space below, for each religious adherent, graph out how many statements one would expect to correspond to each moral intuition based on the relationship between codes of ethics and moral intuitions.
4. In trying to summarize research on punishment and cooperation for your supervisor, you decide to draw a line graph that separately predicts cooperation within a culture based on a culture’s willingness to engage in (a) antisocial punishment and (b) altruistic punishment. Draw such a line graph.
5. You are surveying computer stores in individualistic and collectivistic cultures to determine what system they use to pay their sales employees. System 1 is to pay based on a meritocracy. System 2 is to pay everyone the same amount of money each month. Draw a bar graph that portrays the proportion of individualistic companies and collectivistic companies that use each salary system.