I need help with a Management question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Decisions made in groups tend to be more robust because they take into account thoughts and ideas that an individual person may not have alone. However, group decisions can also be subject to bias such as groupthink, where individuals conform to what the whole group thinks rather than disagreeing or presenting alternatives.
Think of a time when you were part of a group that needed to make a decision. This could be a decision made at work, school, or with friends or family:
- Discuss the situation and the group decision.
- How would the decision have been different if you had made it yourself?
- Do you feel that your group came to a better decision than you would have by yourself?
When replying to other students, consider discussing the following:
- How your experience compares to theirs
- The differences between your group your peers’ group
- The decision you would have made for your peers’ group situation
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Discussion Board Reminders:Â
- Must have three posts: Â A main post and two replies to peers.
- First post: Either your main post or a reply to others must be posted before midnight CT (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Second and third post: Must be posted on a different day from the first post.
- Connect to content: At least one post must refer to course learning materials. See the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards for help with connecting to the content.
- Engaging in class discussions: For more information on making the most of your class dialog, review the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards.Â