You have acquired a vast knowledge about multiple topics relevant to managers and HR employees. Below, you will find a list of what some refer as pressing issues and trends facing HR professionals in 2020 and you are asked by senior management to weigh in on—from educating and discussing the implications for the organization to providing solutions in which the organization can implement.
For your final paper, you are being asked to weigh in on one of these issues or trends, defining and educating management exactly what the challenge or trend is, analyzing and discussing the implications for organizations, and what can be done. Do not limit yourself in these approach elements, as you want to make sure that the executive management would have all the information they need to make a decision or take action.
- Pressing Issues
- Corona Virus Pandemic
- Closing the skills gap
- Modernizing employment-based immigration
- Creating organizational cultures that prevent workplace harassment
- Improving the employee experience (i.e. employee engagement)
- Fostering the relationship between workers and robots
- Creating flexible work schedules and environments
- Taking a stand on social issues, i.e. employer/employee activism
- Improving gender diversity
- Investing in mental health and wellbeing of employees
- Addressing the loneliness of remote workers
- Upskilling the workforce
- Focusing on soft skills
- Preparing for Generation Z
- Preventing employee burnout
- Helping managers to manage (i.e. how HR can help managers manage)
- Holistic HR
- People Analytics to Analytics for the People
This is not an exhaustive list. If you find one outside of this list, please send me a message with your request.
Write an 8-10 page research paper in APA format, 7th edition (excluding the title page, abstract and reference pages) on the topic of your choice from the list above. You are to create an analytical study to evaluate your recommendation, showing and demonstrating a measurable performance impact it would create for the organization. For example, if your intention and recommendation is to reduce turnover and improve performance, then you need to provide both hard and soft data to support your assertions and recommendation, and, in turn, anyone reviewing your report would draw the same conclusions.