Completing a draft of a paper using census data and attempting to verify/replicate a
previously published study. I’ve already had the output so all you need to do is the writing part. Attached is the sample paper. The variables from my output are slightly different from the sample paper.
1. Title page. Include the title, name, and date. List JEL codes.
2. Abstract. This should be less than 100 words and summarize the topic, methodology, and main findings. It should appear on the page after the title page and have a heading titled Abstract
3. Introduction. This section should state the nature and objectives of the project along with a brief review of any relevant literature. See the following URL for writing a literature review. (https://library.sjsu.edu/video/writing- literature-review-section). Make sure to provide some background or motivation for why your project is interesting.
4. Economic Theory. You should describe the relevant economic theory and the hypothesis being tested. You may briefly present a mathematical model, but a qualitative discussion is also acceptable.
5. Description of the model. The model should be clearly stated and any equations carefully explained. You should write out the econometric model you plan to estimate, and discuss the expected impact of the exogenous variables in your model.
6. Data description and model estimation. You should use the techniques developed in class to analyze your data and estimate your model. Your results should be reported and discussed in this section and could include: parameter estimates, standard errors, t-statistics or p-values, F-statistics, R-squared, tests for autocorrelation, heteroskedasticity, and possible multicollinearity, as appropriate.
7. Conclusion. Report the major findings as well as possible extensions for future work. Make sure to mention any limitations of your approach as well as alternative explanations of your results. Policy implications, if any, could also be included in this section.
8. Endnotes. The last page of your paper should include endnotes and references.