Discipline Based Literature Review
In this assignment you will choose three general topics of interest to you related to psychological assessment from the list below.
- Infants and preschool-aged children
- Children ages 5 through 12 years
- Children with neurodevelopmental disorder. Research five peer-reviewed articles in the Ashford University Library that were published within the last 15 years, including a minimum of one article for each of your three chosen topics. In your paper, begin with an introduction that describes the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment. Using your researched articles, compare at least two psychological or educational tests and/or assessment procedures for each of the topics chosen. Analyze and describe the psychometric methodologies employed in the development and/or validation of the tests and/or assessment procedures associated with each of the three topics. Debate any relevant approaches to assessment of the constructs being evaluated by any tests and assessments you described. Include an analysis of any challenges related to assessing individuals from diverse social and cultural backgrounds for each of the three topics. Conclude by evaluating the ethical and professional issues that influence the interpretation of testing and assessment data. You may cite from your textbook to assist you in the development of your introduction and the conclusion of your paper; however, the textbook cannot count as one of the five required peer-reviewed articles.Note: It is common for there to be a delay between the time a test publisher updates a test and the time the textbook and other authors can update their information about the new version of the test. Be sure to do online research to make sure you are recommending the most current version of the test. If there is a newer version than the version discussed in the textbook or other readings, recommend the newest version.Writing the Literature Review
- The Literature Review:
- Must be 6 to 8 double-spaced pages in length (not including title or references pages) and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Must begin with an introduction that describes the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that summarizes your evaluation addressing the current use of psychological tests and the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources published within the last 15 years, all of which come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
Text book Source: Gregory, R. J. (2014). Psychological testing: History, principles, and applications (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 7: Testing Special Populations
- Chapter 10: Neuropsychological Assessment and Screening