Week 1 Assignment: Organizational Reflection/Levels of Culture
Now that you have reflected upon the levels of culture in your own community in our Discussion, reflect and apply the levels of culture in an organization. For this organizational reflection assignment, and based on your analysis of the selected readings and of your professional experience, choose one of the following organizations that claim to align with our mission here at Walden to promote positive social change. See additional resources about each organization in our Learning Resources folder.
- Toms Shoes
- Red Cross
To complete the Organizational Reflection/Levels of Culture Assignment, compose a cohesive document that addresses the following:
- An overview of the organization that includes the organizationâ€™s name, vision, and mission.
- How does the company promote positive social change, which is our mission at Walden?
- Have any of the company behaviors in the past year shown a misalignment with the companyâ€™s stated mission? If so, how?
- Apply the three levels of culture (artifacts, espoused values, and underlying assumptions as defined in Chapter 2 of the Schein text) to the organization.
- Examine how the knowledge of levels of culture can impact leader effectiveness within an organization.
- Summarize the two or three most important “takeaways” from the weekly Discussion that you think will help you be a more effective leader within an organization.
Be sure to support your Organizational Reflection/Levels of Culture using this weekâ€™s readings or other credible and relevant resources and adhere to APA format. You may also include quotes from the weekly Discussion that you think support your Reflection entry.
General Guidance: This weekâ€™s Organizational Reflection/Levels of Culture submission should be about 3â€“4 pages in length. Refer to the Week 1 Organizational Reflection/Levels of Culture Rubric for grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.
Note: Please refer to exemplary on rubric below to insure perfect work is submitted