Final, 6-page Term Paper (not including Bibliography) (Double spaced, 12 pt type). Choose your topic from those listed below. The paper should contain a bibliography with at least six sources. Use MLA citation guidelines and formatting throughout.
Websites to visit: THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE HAS THE MLA RULES FOR PAPERS, INCLUDING EXAMPLES:
Term Paper Topics – Choose One:
- Find and describe ten (10) instances of Animism in our modern society.
- Use the instances described above as examples to answer the following questions:
- What is the connection between the animal chosen and the modern, human activity?
- What qualities are the humans hoping to receive from the chosen animal?
- What forms do the animistic activities take: for example: T-Shirts, toys, totem poles etc.? Be specific in your descriptions.
- How are the real animals treated in the modern world?
- Do the modern forms of animism really work for the humans? The animals?
- Did animism ever really work for the animals?
- Does the connection to an animal quality or spirit increase the human connection to the natural world?
The Muses in Greek Mythology and Art.
- Who are the muses?
- What is their history and lineage?
- Where do they appear in Greek art and Literature and what roles do they play?
- What modern words and institutions derive from the Muses?
- What part, if any, do they play in your life?
The Egyptian Book of the Dead.
- Research the content and the pictures of the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
- Describe the beliefs described there.
- Describe the Gods and Goddesses involved.
- Compare the beliefs of the Egyptians’ concepts of death and the after-life with Christian beliefs as depicted in Medieval art.
Gothic style, then and now.
- What was the Gothic Style of the 12th through the 15th centuries?
- Describe the imagery and purposes of Gothic painting, including use of color, subject matter, spatial design and perspective.
- How would you describe the “Gothic” Style of today as regards fashion, games, etc. Describe the purposes, subjects, images, colors, etc. of todayâ€™s Goths.
- How does todayâ€™s concepts of what is Gothic compare with the original Gothic style? Are there similarities, differences? Are they related at all and if so, how?