You will be working on a final project throughout this course. The final project will combine networking and security. Your final project will require you to utilize a network diagraming tool to model your home network or a small business network and to create an IT security plan. The final project will be broken down into individual steps each workshop in order to make the workload more manageable.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Evaluate network technology and its significant impact on contemporary business information process.
- Utilize systems management tools and best practices.
Networking and security can only be achieved when a company has a plan and adheres to the plan. Your final project will help you understand and develop a network diagram and to create an IT security plan. Your final project will require the following items:
- Your home or a made-up workplace network diagramed utilizing a software of your choice
- Asset Identification
- Physical Assets
- Non-Physical Assets
- Risk Assessment
- Malicious External
- Malicious Internal
- Natural Factor
- Security Policies
- Password Policies
- Administrative Responsibility
- User Responsibility
- Email Policies
- Internal Policies
- Backup Policies
- Reactive Planning
- Moving Productivity to a Temporary Location
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Notification of Relevant Parties
- Drills to Test Emergency Procedures
- Family/Employee Education on the IT Security Plan
- Threat Education
- Security Procedure Education
- If You Donâ€™t Know, Ask
You will be completing a section of this plan in each workshop. You will be able to receive feedback for each section and make improvements before your final project is submitted at the end of the course. The hope is that this approach to the final project will ensure that everyone earns maximum points on their final submission.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Download the 1.5 Final Project Template Part 1 Word document.
- Utilize the provided links below or conduct a web search to identify the software you will be utilizing to create your network diagram.
- Follow the instructions in the template document, and fill out each required section.
- Save your work in the template document, and submit it using the link below.
- Your assignment is due by the end of the workshop.