For this assignment, you will conduct library and Internet searches to find a minimum of five scholarly articles appropriate to addressing the research topic you have selected for your course project. You may use what you find in your research to further refine your problem statement.
Identify potential keywords appropriate for the problem statement you have chosen for your project.
As you begin looking for resources, refine your keywords or search terms based on what you find. For assistance, review the second study in Unit 3, Online Research Skills: Finding Resources. Additionally, you may find these resources helpful:
- View Get Critical Search Skills, linked in the Resources, and utilize the following links:
- Select the best keywords.
- Build your search.
- Refine your search.
If you need help searching for scholarly articles to use in your research, visit the Find Scholarly and Peer Reviewed Sources page, linked in the Resources. You can use search engines, such as the following, to locate and selecte external sources:
- Databases A-Z.
- From the All Subjects dropdown menu, select Business to find databases that include business related journals.
- Database Guide: Summon.
- Journal and Book Locator.
- Google Scholar.
Review the article abstracts, identifying the ideas and approaches addressed in each resource. Select those resources you think provide information most relevant to your problem statement. Remember, you also have a subscription to the Wall Street Journal that you obtained in Unit 1. This may be a useful source of information for you when compiling your resource list.
Compile the results of your searches until you reach a minimum of five sources. Evaluate your research sources to make sure they are valid, in-depth, and current.
Determine your strongest interests in your topic as well as any new information or trends that you find interesting and relevant to your project. Review your problem statement and refine it, based on the new information you have acquired as a result of your research.
Include the following information in your assignment:
- The problem statement you wrote for the Unit 5 assignment.
- A list of sources that includes a minimum of five scholarly articles that directly addresses your refined topic.
- Each article reference should be identified using a formal reference citation style. Use APA citation style to earn a grade of proficient.
- Your refined problem statement, including the focus made possible by your research.
Use the following outline format for this assignment:
- Title: References Located to Support Project Research and Writing.
- Current version of your problem statement. Copy the problem statement you submitted in the Unit 5 assignment.
- References to support project research and writing. For each of the five references:
- Format the citation in a consistent style, with a preference for APA style and formatting.
- Describe why this resource is relevant and useful for your research.
- Based on your research, did you make changes to your problem statement?
- I did not make any revisions to my problem statement based on my research: indicate Yes or No.
- I revised and made the following changes to my problem statement based on my research: indicate Yes or No.
- If you made revisions to your original problem statement, type your revised problem statement.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of technical errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: References and citations are formatted in a consistent style, with a preference for APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly resources.
- Length of paper: Approximately two typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- PDF on the bottom is unit 5 problem statement needed.