This is the first of three assignments that, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.
Assume you have been selected to be the project manager for a project of your choice. The project that you use must meet the key criteria of a project. It must:
- Have a beginning and an end.
- Result in something being delivered to someone.
- Require a series of activities that must be done to complete the project.
- Require resources (for example, people and materials) to complete the work.
The project can be one of a personal or professional nature and must last for at least nine months.
Note: You are prohibited from using projects that can found on the Internet, including projects found in places such as CourseHero. All project submissions are submitted to SafeAssign for review.
Write a 3â€“4 page paper in which you define the scope of your chosen project:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Describe at least two project goals and two project objectives.
- Describe the project management structure that you will use to manage the project. Will you manage it via the existing functional structure of the organization, set up a projectized/dedicated project team, or use a matrix management structure? If you will use a matrix structure, which type will you use?
- Identify the key customer (or customers) and at least two stakeholders for your project. Discuss their roles and their impact on the project. Remember that although you are delivering the project to your customer, there are others (stakeholders) who also have a vested interest in your project.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Draft a project plan that includes goals and objectives, recommended structure, and stakeholders for a successful project.