We call working theses “working” because they change as we dwell deeper into the argument. In this assignment, you will revise your working thesis for Essay 3 based on feedback you received from your classmates.
- Your thesis statement should be one to two sentences.
- Your thesis statement should clearly present the main idea of your essay and make some kind of assertion. The thesis should be a debatable claim.
- Your thesis should not make an â€œannouncementâ€ about what your essay will cover. Instead, it should just present your assertion.
- For example, a thesis like this makes an announcement: In this paper, I will persuade you to vote for candidates who support education reform.
- Instead you might write: Because our education system is in need of reform to better serve students of color, we should vote for candidates who are willing to make the necessary changes.
My topic is:
- Topic: Productive Education Models (the scope will be narrowed down in the thesis section to provide a smaller focus for the research)
- Problem: The environment of teaching and learning shapes the productivity of the teachers and their students. This environment considers educational theories that influence and assess how students behave, construct ideas, and relate with others to inform productivity.
- Purpose Statement: This research aims to uncover the production education models used in institutions of learning today to enable the achievement of the desired productivity alongside the teachers’ assistance.
- Research Questions:
- What are education models? (addresses the origin/root cause section)
- What led to the establishment of the education models? (addresses the historical moments over time section)
- What are the pros and cons of the latest models? (addresses reasons to support the argument section)
- What can be done to improve the models? (addresses the part of the solution)
- Preliminary Thesis Statement: Production education models are informers of student improvement in learning with the direct or indirect involvement of the teachers. Therefore, this study focuses on the education system’s reliance on the various potential models of education while learning alongside the tutor’s expertise.