Using the information and template below, create a basic or sentence outline for Essay 4 and then upload that outline and submit to this assignment. We will use this outline as we go forward in the Writing Process for Essay 4.
Essay 4 Prompt:
ARGUMENTATION: Select an issue below. Choose a stance on this point and argue it effectively. Then conduct research to find 2 scholarly and 3 other credible sources with which to make your argument.
Technology: isolation, social media, distraction, apps helpfulness/unhelpful, etc…
Sports: dangers of football, youth sports, pay college football players, etc…
Education: art education, creativity, online learning, class size
Health and Nutrition: food concerns/sources/quality, smoking bans, healthy lunch programs, etc…
Arts and Music: wealth in media, diversity, tv becoming obsolete, musical training success, graffiti as art,
* Please note this is not a personal opinion essay. You are being asked to select and analyze a point in order to determine and argue a stance in passive voice.
Essay 4 Requirements:
- 3.5 pages in length. This does not include your title, abstract, or reference pages. Your page count begins when your introductory paragraph starts and should reach at least the middle of the 4th page of your essay. Points will be deducted for not meeting assignment requirements.
- Must be in correct APA format. See template (Please note the template is for a shorter essay. You will need to make sure yours meets the assignment length requirements).
- For this assignment, your abstract should be a 5-8 sentence summary of your overall paper.
- For this assignment, you are required to include 2 scholarly (peer reviewed journals) and 3 other credible sources. You will use quotes, paraphrases, and summaries of what these sources say to support your own argument. You are not simply writing about what other people have said.
- You must cite your sources in-text and on a reference page using APA format.