1. Select one of your top references (sources) from your course project lit review. Articulate why this is one of your most important sources. For example, do you have something in common with the author? Is the attraction about the setting? The topic? The location?
2. Express what you have not yet found in a reference/source. What are you looking for? (Can you see where this is going?…This is where your peers and I are going to support you)!
3. Your two responses to peers are to find an article to support THEM or to add some suggestions.
PROFESSOR’S GUIDANCE FOR THIS WEEK’S LE:
Stress Is Up
The resulting data revealed that since the onset of the pandemic, stress levels at work have increased for 61 percent of recruiters, with 19 percent reporting a drastic increase in stress.
Not surprisingly, some respondents cited elevated stress from working with reduced resources and dealing with job insecurity while others have had to adjust to rapidly staffing up to fill urgently needed positionsâ€”all while living with the public health crisis themselves.
“Every recruiter has been personally impacted by the pandemic and the economy,” said Kerry Gilliam, vice president of marketing at Jobvite. “The job has changed so much this year, specifically the switch to recruiting and hiring virtually. Maybe you weren’t used to using video interviews and had to get used to it quick. Not only recruiting and interviewing but also onboarding had to be done virtually. That kind of change will cause stress.”
Because of cloud technology, a recruiter can successfully work remotely, but during the pandemic they also had to be parents, teachers and caretakers while working from home, said Tim Sackett, SHRM-SCP, president of HRU Technical Resources, an engineering and design staffing firm based in Lansing, Mich.
- Post your 500-700 word answers to earn a maximum of 14 points.
- Offer at least two 300-400 word comments (replies) to posts from your peersâ€™ discussions to earn a maximum of 8 points each
Locate and read a related and recent peer-reviewed journal article to use as reference in addition to textbook. Post what you learned from the article and textbook.
The Process of Leading Organizational Change, 4th ed.
Anderson, Donald L.
SAGE Publications. 2017