For this assignment, you will utilize Â information and research from the assignments in previous units to Â create a concept paper on the community health of the community you have Â chosen. You will incorporate your opinions and perspectives, supported Â by research and data you discovered in your previous assignments. Your Â concept paper should contain best practices, philosophies, and other Â related issues that you believe should be acted on in the near future Â for the betterment of the community. It should also illustrate the Â unique roles and requirements of a community health worker serving this Â area.Â
Be sure to consider any feedback Â you received from your professor in previous assignments as you address Â the following areas in your concept paper.Â
Give an overview of your community to include any relevant Â population, demographic, cultural, social, or economic characteristics.Â
Identify a significant determinant of health that impacts your community.Â
- Identify a specific public health issue that is commonly seen by a multicultural or diverse population in the community.Â
- Describe a local health promotion program that is failing or Â lacking in the community that could help meet the determinants of Â health needs of the diverse population in the community.Â
- Discuss the community health framework/model that can be applied to the health promotion program.
- Discuss a law or policy that could alleviate determinant of health issues if it were in place.
- Discuss the role a CHW would play in addressing determinants Â of health, multicultural or diverse populations, and health equity in Â the community.Â
- Identify the role a CHW can play and the collaboration Â needed with others in the community to effect system, environmental, and Â policy changes.Â
- Discuss the skills and traits a CHW would need to be a successful change agent in this community.Â
- Conclude your concept paper with recommendations and expectations of positive change in the public health of the community.Â