This assignment aims to ensure you have a clear and workable plan for creating your Case Study assignment.Â
Completion Â of this assignment requires you to draft a short proposal for your Case Â Study assignment. The proposal will include a selection of sections of Â what will become your final case study paper: the introduction, part of Â the literature review, the methodology section, and part of the media Â review.Â
More Â information about each of these sections can be found in the assignment Â guidelines for the Case Study assignment. For the purposes of this Â proposal assignment, you should include:
- Introduction: Â Describes overall purpose of paper (includes description of case for Â background/context; briefly previews type of media content that will be Â analyzed and theoretical/scholarly literature that will be used; makes Â argument for why that area of scholarly literature is best suited to Â understanding the case).
- Literature Review: Â Summary of theoretical/scholarly literature reviewed for the case (4 sources cited â€“ the full paper will require 10, but the proposal Â should have 4).
- Methodology: Identifies media content analyzed, provides rationale for media content selected, describes how media content was collected.
- Media Review: Provides Â analysis of the chosen media that derives from insights related to the Â theoretical framework outlined in the literature review. Findings from Â analyzed media texts are written in a narrative/thematic/descriptive Â format with example quotes interspersed to serve as evidence. In Â other words, describe the media sources (videos, text, images, etc.) Â and themes, using quotes to illustrate, enough so that the reader can Â understand how these examples are related to the prior sections of the Â paper. For the proposal assignment, you should have at least 4 media sources.
- References: Provide your references in APA style. Â You should also use APA style for in-text citations. You do not need to Â include other elements of APA formatting such as a running header or Â abstract.Â