As a property owner, you want to fence a garden which is adjacent to a road. The fencing next to the road must be stronger and cost $6 per foot. The fencing on the other sides cost $4 per foot. The area of garden is 2400 square feet.
- Draw several diagrams to express the situation and calculate the cost for each configuration, and then estimate the dimension of minimum cost.
- Find the function that represents the cost in terms of one of its sides.
- Using the graphing utility, graph this cost function
- Find the dimension that minimizes the cost of fencing and compare this with your estimate based the diagram you made.
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length (not counting the title page and references page) and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources. Your textbook is a credible resource.
- Include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
- The introduction should describe or summarize the topic or problem. It might discuss the general applications of the topic or it might introduce the unique terminology associated with the topic.
- The body of your paper should address the questions posed in the problem. Explain how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and, for each question, show all steps involved. Be sure this is in paragraph format, not numbered answers like a homework assignment.
- The conclusion should summarize your thoughts about what you have determined from your analysis in completing the assignment. Nothing new should be introduced in the conclusion that was not previously discussed in the body paragraphs.
- Include any tables of data or calculations, calculated values, and/or graphs referenced in the paper. (Note: The minimum required length excludes any tables, graphs, etc.)