In this weekâ€™s assignment, you will work through the planning and implementation stages of the project. This will require you to determine goals, resources needed, and to select an evidence-based practice (EBP) model.
Start with the solution that you determined would be most effective in resolving the stated problem and define the intended outcomes of implementing the change (i.e., what is your improvement goal?). In order for quality to improve, a change must occur. That change must be quantifiable, in other words, it must be measurable.
Create an implementation plan in which you:
- Explain how you will measure the change and how you will know when you have reached your improvement goal.
- Create a list of outcomes required to reach your outcomes goal. This will allow you to determine the actions needed and the priority of tasks that will result in the desired outcome.
- Determine who will be responsible for each outcome (typically each is assigned to a team member who is motivated in seeing the successful implementation of the plan).
- Determine the actions needed to take place for each outcome to occur. Questions to consider when determining what action needs to take place:
- Who do we need to talk to?
- What needs to be decided?
- What resources are needed?
- Supplies and equipment
- What milestones need to be set to know weâ€™re on track?
- When do we need to check on the progress of those milestones?
- Overall timeframe for the project
- What potential setbacks do we need to plan for?
- Risk management plan
- Do any tasks need to be done before taking this action?
- Establish budget, roles, and responsibilities (who will be responsible for what).
- Determine how you will monitor progress, which provides you the means of tracking actions as they are completed and will make you aware of actions that are late or off track.
- Select an EBP model to guide the implementation of the plan.