The purpose of this assignment is to create a design challenge that highlights various problem-solving techniques. This assignment will build on the concepts in your Topic 2 “Hypothesis Statements â€“ Overview and Template” assignment.
To complete this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation that is 10-12 slides (including title and reference slides). Include a minimum of two scholarly sources in your presentation. Address the following:
- What problem are you trying to solve based on your problem statement and hypothesis from Topic 2?
- Who is most affected by the problem (i.e., your target customer) and where/when does the problem affect the customer?
- Identify the key demographic factors of your target customer.
- Consider what new technologies are being developed and are emerging through the hype cycle. Imagine three of the emerging technologies within the next 2-5 years that might enable a solution to your problem. Conduct research on companies or groups that are working on these emerging technologies. Discuss how human-centered design and technological advances could offer possible solutions to the problem you are trying to solve.
- What are some of the initial constraints that may limit or hamper the introduction of your new technology? For example, does the target customer segment have money to pay for it? Is a particular resource too expensive? Does the target need to be educated about how to use the product?
- What are some possible variants to the design challenge? For example, are there substitute resources, different adjustments to the value property, or other modifications to the business model that could make it viable?
- Describe the value your solution has created for customers.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center