you are required to visit the website of one of the following major art museums and write a paper about one piece of art you see there:
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Getty Museum of Art
- Museum of Contemporary Art / L.A. (MOCA)
- Norton Simon Museum of Art / Pasadena
- The Hammer Museum / Los Angeles
- The Broad / Los Angeles
- Another major art museum but you must get special permission from me first
- Cover page: Your name / name of the museum / artistâ€™s name / title of artwork / medium / size / photo of the artwork
- Report: 1200-1500 words (app. 3-4 full pages) not counting cover page
- 14 point type
- Times or Times Roman font
- 1 Â½ line spacing
- 1â€ margins on all four sides
- Preferably, use Microsoft Word
- YOU MUST INCLUDE A PHOTO OF THE ARTWORK
- Choose one work of art to analyze from the museum of your choice.
- Create a cover page as described above
- Begin the body of the paper by describing the work of art you have chosen. Include: artistâ€™s name / title / medium / size and a detailed description.
- Identify and discuss how the artist used TWO ELEMENTS OF FORM (your choice from chapter 3 of the textbook). Give two or three specific examples of how each element is used and use appropriate terminology. Start a new paragraph for each of the two elements you choose.
- Identify and discuss how the artist used TWO PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN (your choice from chapter 4 of the textbook). Give two or three specific examples of how each principle is used and use appropriate terminology. Start a new paragraph for each of the two principles you choose.
- Explain your interpretation of the meaning (Content) of the artwork; this is to be your own personal opinion of what the artwork expresses to you.
- You may include some additional information about the history of the artist or the artwork you are discussing but do not use it as â€œfiller;â€ keep it to one short paragraph at the most.