This is a summary of a conversation. You still write this a regular paper but it is a summary of the conversation. Please do NOT write it as a interview and interviewee conversation.
Spend up to 1 hour interviewing a school counselor about his or her program and how (or if) he or she performs a program evaluation. Review the requirements for your clinical field experience assignment prior to your interview.
Spend up to 1 additional hour observing the counselor performing an evaluation of one area of the school counseling program. If you are unable to observe the counselor in performing an evaluation, ask the counselor to share a recent evaluation experience.
Spend any remaining field experience hours observing or assisting your clinical site supervisor.
Write a 500-750 word reflection, summarizing the interview and your observations. Include the following in your reflection:
- Description of the evaluation process; use the ASCA School Counseling Program Assessment Tool found the topic Resources to inform your evaluation.
- Based on the evaluation process guided by the assessment tool, review and evaluate the effectiveness of the school counseling program.
- Changes in policy or legislation that have affected the school counseling program in the past. Policy or legislation changes on the horizon that might affect the school counseling program in the future and what affect these might have.
- Provide examples of changes you might implement to improve the school counseling program.
- To guide you in completing this assignment refer to the ASCA School Counseling Program Assessment Tool and discuss any relevant components from the following:
- Include three to four scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.