Above is a biceps, shoulders, triceps (BST) weight lifting routine. Your assignment is to watch this video, complete the BST routine on your own and respond to me with feedback by answering the questions listed below. Describe how this BST routine makes you feel, distinguish the exercises that were easy for you to complete and the exercises that were more difficult.
If you do not have dumbbells, you can use water bottles, exercise tubes or exercise bands.
There are 6 exercises in this routine. 2 different bicep exercises, 2 different shoulder exercises and 2 different triceps exercises. The order for this BST routine is:
- Bicep Curl
- Shoulder Press
- Triceps Extension
- Bicep Hammer
- Shoulder Front Lift & Lateral Lift
- Triceps One Leg Floor
The number of repetitions that you complete per exercise depends on your fitness goals. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends 8 to 12 repetitions for muscular strength and 10 to 15 reps for muscular endurance. For muscle tone, 15 repetitions is a good number to use per exercise. Make sure you are using the proper weight to complete your 15 repetitions. If the last few repetitions are easy, the amount of weight should be increased. However, if you are struggling on repetition number 8-12, the amount of weight should be decreased. Ideally, if you feel that your last 3 repetitions (#13-#15) are a little difficult (and you are still able to keep your form) you are using the proper weight.
Your assignment is to complete BST weight lifting routine this week. I want you to give me feedback on what you thought about this BST routine. Simply cut and paste these questions and attach your answers.
Please answer these questions in your response (make sure to explain):
- Summarize how the BST weight lifting routine made you feel?
- Describe in detail the different feelings (more than 1) you have gained from this BST weight lifting routine.
- Explain which exercises were more difficult for you to complete? Why?
- Explain which exercises did you like best to complete? Why?
- Indicate if you wished the BST routine was longer or shorter? Explain why? How many times would you want to complete per workout?