Week 4 Assignment – Health Care Human Resources Management
Company mergers are very busy and challenging times for corporate leadership. The role that HR plays during a merger is often complex and far reaching. In this assignment, you write an executive brief that considers aspects of how an HR department might prioritize and operate to support the union of two companies.
How to Brief an Executive
There is no single correct way to brief an executive or other stakeholder. The final deliverable is your choice, but effective briefs have common elements; they should be clear, concise, relevant, well-structured, and provide decision-making information. Here are a couple of resources you may use to get started:
- How to Brief an Executive: A podcast from the Communications Guys.
- How to Write a Formal Business Report (With Examples): Hints from Indeed.
Imagine that Anchor Hospital, a 250-bed medical center, is merging with the similar-sized Saint Maryâ€™s Hospital to better serve the needs of their metropolitan community. An administrative board has been formed to guide all aspects of the merger. They have asked all departments to submit an executive brief that states their roles, intended model of operations, and initial steps to build interdepartmental relationships.
The boardâ€™s primary concern for HR is how it will manage the merging of the workforces into a single, cohesive, and effective team. They want to understand HR’s primary role, guiding principles, and application of current practice. Specifically, they want your vision for the following:
- A merger-related current best practice or trend that is being successfully employed by HR departments.
- HRâ€™s primary role in assimilating the workforces for the two hospitals.
- The HR management model to be followed.
- How to foster relationships between HR and department managers.
- Recommend a relevant HR trend or practice that would be useful to consider as part of this merger. Justify your recommendation.
- Analyze HRâ€™s primary role(s) as a strategic corporate partner in merging the workforces of the organizations.
- Recommend an HRM model that would effectively steer the joining of each organization’s employees into a single, cohesive workforce. Justify your recommendation.
- Recommend two initial steps that HR should initiate to develop an effective relationship between HR and management. Justify your recommendation.
- Resources: Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- SWS: This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine strategies for HR operations including defining organizational roles and relations with leadership
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES LISTED ABOVE