Please separate reference page for Part 1 and Part2 assignment.
Part 1 – 250 words
The video (found in the attachment) on the Dayton opioid crisis presents data across all levels. As you watch the video, pull at least two types (nominal, ordinal, ratio) of data from the video. Explain how you determined the level of the data presented. What do these descriptive statistics tell us about the crisis? How might they be useful to your discipline?
(My discipline is Criminal Justice)
Part 2 – 1-2 page
For this course, you will be examining a current crisis that is occurring in America: the opioid crisis. In this module, you will watch the following documentary on the opioid crisis in Dayton Ohio. (Links to an external site.)
Watch the documentary, and in a 1-2 page reflective paper, answer the following questions:
- Not every city in the nation has been impacted by the opioid crisis, but many have. What are the characteristics of Dayton that you feel contributed specifically to the crisis in the area that are pertinent to your discipline?
- Assess the factors in the region or area in which you live. Without conducting any extensive research, do you feel your region or area has any of the same characteristics that might put your area at risk for an opioid crisis? Why or why not?
- What are your general thoughts about how your discipline could help this epidemic? What are some ideas about solutions your discipline might be able to provide? Who might be a resource and how might these solutions be implemented?
- What are some ideas about solutions that other disciplines outside your own might be able to provide? Who might be a resource? How might these solutions be implemented?
- Provide any other thoughts or observations based on the documentary that you observed or wish to express.