- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources. Pay particular attention to why organizations change their strategies, which internal and external factors to consider when selecting a strategy, and how to determine whether or not the execution of the strategy is a success.
- Reflect on this weekâ€™s Discussion about the types of strategies that organizations have executed and the reasons why some have been successful and others have not.
- Bring to mind the organization that you identified in Module 1. If the organization encompasses multiple businesses, select one specific business or division to focus on (e.g., focus on the Whole Foods division of Amazon). Think about the organizationâ€™s (or the divisionâ€™s) competitive advantage, that is, what sets it apart from the competition. In addition, consider internal and external factors that may help determine the best strategy to pursue.
- Based on the typologies and models in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources, select a type of strategy (or a combination of strategies) that the organization (or division) should pursue.
- Identify indicators that you would use to measure the successful execution of the strategy.
- Identify the organization that you selected in Module 1. Â (The Coca-Cola Company)
- Describe the organizationâ€™s competitive advantage.Â
- Describe the type of strategy that the organization should pursue, and explain why. Be sure to support your response based on an analysis of at least two internal factors, two external factors, and the organizationâ€™s competitive advantage.Â
- Describe three indicators that you would use to measure the organizationâ€™s successful implementation of the strategy (and related goals). Explain why you chose each indicator.Â
Baah, S., & Bohaker, L. (2015). The Coca-Cola Company. Culture, 16, 17.
Kalashnikov, S., & Lutsenko, R. (2020). Investment analysis of Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company. Â (98), 145-157.