Write a 2-3 page APA style paper in which you develop a case study based on the information presented in the Vignette (see attached). Before you start writing your paper, review the information regarding how to do a case study in the link below. Please review the attached link below (How to write a case study). It will give you a brief outline on how to complete this assignment correctly. Remember the case study is based on Chapter 11 reading material.
Note– See following In Course Resources to complete this assignment:
- Downloadable APA Guide (paper set-up, citation examples, etc.)
- Link to Research Using the Internet
- Video on How to Use the Ivy Tech Internet Library Articles Database
To see how you will be graded on this assignment, check the rubric which is included in this assignment. Your paper should have the following:
- Cover Page
- Summarizes the case study in your own words
- Symptoms and Diagnosis:
- Provide a diagnosis that best fits the description in the Case Study and the current chapter. Go down each of the criteria for the diagnosis given in the chapter & the DSM-5 and state how it fits.
- Differential Diagnosis:
- Provide a provisional diagnosis of the description if the 1st one wasn’t correct. Go down each of the criteria for the diagnosis and the DSM-5 and state how it fits.
- Provide the possible treatments based on your quality outside sources and the text.
- Provide a prognosis based on your quality outside sources and the text.
Your case study should demonstrate a clear analysis of the vignette and offer a clear diagnosis, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Your work should be well researched and supported by information you find in high quality sources.
- APA format includes a properly formatted title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
- Margins should be set to 1 inch on all sides.
- The content of your paper must be double-spaced and use 12 pt. Courier or Times New Roman font.
- Papers must be saved as a Word document (.doc or .docx) to ensure that your professor can open your paper.
- Please note that the title page, reference page and abstract (if provided) do not count toward the page requirement for the assignment.
- You should use your textbook as one source.
- In addition to the textbook, your paper must include at least two other high quality sources. If you are unsure of what is a quality source, then visit the link under Course Resources that discusses how to evaluate sources.
- Your paper must be well-written, free of grammatical and spelling errors, and flow in a clear and logical manner.