Both parts MUST be completed.
Follow all instructions as stated in the syllabus.
Be specific and use examples.
Each answer should be at least 3 full pages.
This question MUST be answered.
What were the social, political, and economic effects of World War I on Europe? Please limit your answer to pre-1933.
One of the following two questions must be answered:
- In 1914 and again in 1939 the world was plunged into war. Compare and/or contrast the start of WWI with the start of WWII. Why did the world go to war twice in a 25-year period? Be specific in your answer and use examples.
- Within a few months of each other, Adolf Hitler and Franklin Roosevelt came to power in Germany and the United States, respectively. Why and how did Hitler come to power? Compare and/or contrast his methods with that of Franklin Roosevelt. Be specific in your answer and use examples.
Format and Instructions
- The textbook, notes and work completed are the only things needed to take this exam.
- These do not need to be sourced. If you decide to use an outside source, the outside source MUST be cited.
- Citations can be in any style. (MLA, Chicago, etc.)
- Simply cutting and pasting from sources, even those discussed and used in class, even if cited, will be viewed as plagiarism.
- The exam should be done in 10 or 12 font. Starting half down the page, large spaces between paragraphs, the question taking up half a page, etc. will result in a lower grade.
- Double space.
- Although this is a history class, grammar and clarity of thought are part of the grade.
- Bullet points are NOT acceptable. Bullet points will result in a failing grade.
- Since you have more than one week to complete the test, any exam submitted late will result in a grade of F.
- The exam MUST be uploaded into Canvas. Exams e-mailed to me will NOT be graded.
- Only text files, PDFs, or word documents will be accepted. If I cannot open your exam, the grade of F will be assigned