For this paper, please think about an interpersonal relationship you are currently in (such as a friendship, romantic relationship, work relationship, family relationship, etc.). You will analyze your relationship using the interpersonal communication theories, concepts, and skills we have learned about throughout the semester. In your paper, you will discuss a relational conflict or challenge (such as an argument, transgression, break-up, etc.). Please analyze your relationship and the conflict by applying at least one theory, one concept, and one skill using any of the chapters from our textbook. When applying the skill, think about what skill you used or could have used to effectively manage the conflict (for example: perception-checking statements, assertive “I” statements, self-monitoring, etc.).
You will also need to cite one library source for this paper. Your book should be used for the majority of the paper, but at least one library source is also required (such as a book or journal article). Make sure you cite your library source at the end of your paper (bibliography) and within the paper (in-text or parenthetical citation) in MLA or APA format. Click here for help with library research specific to Communication Studies. Your final paper should be 2-3 pages, typed, double-spaced, size 12 font, with one inch margins all around, and in essay format. DO NOT just list answers (it should be in essay format).
Include the following in your paper:
- Brief description of the relationship you chose to write about
- Brief description of the relational conflict/challenge you faced in this relationship
- Application of 1 theory from any chapter in the book (please bold or highlight theory)
- Application of 1 concept from any chapter in the book (please bold or highlight concept)
- Application of 1 skill from any chapter in the book (please bold or highlight skill)
- Application and citation of 1 library source (book or journal article).
- Here is the book for the class in a google drive