Option #1: Case Study Analysis: New Kind of Structure
Read and respond to a case study to demonstrate your understanding of, and ability to apply, the concepts of organizational design and culture.
Review a case study of Pfizer in the 10th edition of the course textbook attached in the Module 6 folder.
Write an integrated essay that addresses the following items:
- Describe and evaluate how Pfizer is allowing employees to be more productive with its PfizerWorks.
- Analyze an organization where you work, or are familiar with, by considering the structural implicationsâ€”good and badâ€”that the PfizerWorks approach would have in the specifics of productivity. (Address a minimum of one of the six organizational design elements in your analysis.
- Compare this arrangement with other types of organizations (including non-profit and volunteer, for example) and whether this structure would work.
- Discuss the global aspect of adapting a structure similar to Pfizer and how the culture of the organization may or may not be impacted.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Cite a minimum of three scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU Global Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writingâ€”which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.
Business Management and Administration Library Guide
A Library Guide is available via the following link to serve as a great resource in this course for you. The Library Guide provides a variety of pre-selected databases within the library that are designed to support this specific course. Be sure to use this link throughout the course to support your assignment and discussion board research efforts: Management Library GuideMGT300 Mod 6 CT