Some questions you may want to consider while drafting this essay are:
- Why have you selected the field of medicine?
- What motivates you to learn more about medicine?
- What do you want medical schools to know about you that hasn’t been disclosed in another section of the application?
In addition, you may wish to include information such as:
- Special hardships, challenges or obstacles that may have influenced your educational pursuits
- Commentary on significant fluctuations in your academic record which are not explained elsewhere in your application
a1) Medicine is passion, my dream since I was a little kid. I was raised in a family where my dad was a neurosurgeon back in Cuba, my mom was a nurse, my grandfather was a general doctor and my aunt was a pediatrician. Since I was a little kid I used to accompanied my aunt to hospital wearing my customized white coat and my medical equipments. I even appeared in one of the National TV spots casually walking around the hospital with my aunt (funny story).
2) what always keeps me motivated is the fact than being a doctor is dedicating your life to save/help other people. it’s like daydreaming, working in the place that I always wanted to be, doing what I was born for. Also the fact that you are able to see the whole process of progression of patients and how YOU saved those lives with your diagnosis.
3) In this section, The fact that I am able now to see what technology has done in the Medical field, especially coming from Cuba where we lack technology and many basic things starting from common medicines (prescriptions) to not having advanced technology such as robotic medicine applications, developed minimal access surgery,etc.
I kind of answered the questions that needs to be on the essay, to give you a background info about myself so they can be refined and worked on.
THE ESSAY HAS TO BE NO MORE THAN 5300 CHARACTERS (5250-5275 IS FINE). PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE COMPLAINS ON THE ESSAY, DO NOT BARGAIN, DO NOT DEMOSTRATE LACK OF COMPASSION AND DO NOT FOCUS ON MY FAMILY MEMBERS.