- Â Competencies
- Analyze leadership and management roles in change management
- Evaluate different change management models.
- Examine various roles in change management.
- Analyze methods for understanding and mapping change in an organization.
- Critique strategies for removing barriers to change.
- Examine leadership’s role in executing successful change.
- Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the â€œThis item is graded with a rubricâ€ link, which is located in the Details & Information pane. Instructions
Delta Pacific Case Study
You serve as the change leader for Delta Pacific Company (DPC). Up until this point, the organizational culture has been one of a traditional culture as the company had a manufacturing environment.
DPC has undergone an extensive change from manufacturing to consulting, including new employee roles and responsibilities, training, and resources. However, there have been organizational barriers and employee resistances to the changes, resulting in a declining profitability.
You have decided to design a Change Leadership Strategy plan to present to the leaders of DPC to meet their goal of changing the culture from the more traditional manufacturing environment to one of a contemporary consulting environment. To complete your Leading Change Plan, please include the following:
- Identify the problems facing Delta Pacific.
- Analysis the different roles leaders and managers use for successful implementation of change.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of leading team members for change.
- Compare and contrast advantages and disadvantages of two (2) popular change models. Discuss at least three (3) similarities and three(3) differences of change models. Select one (1) model that you feel best compliments your strategy.
- Explain how the change model you selected to use will ensure the most effective and efficient process of changing an organizational culture.
- Discuss at least two (2) strategies for overcoming barriers to change.
- Discuss the behaviors that Delta Pacific leaders need to exhibit to ensure a positive and successful cultural shift for the long-term.