I’m working on a History question and need guidance to help me study.
- How does popular gambus music reflect Middle Eastern origins in its instrumentation and style?
- How does the popular genre kroncong reflect colonial history in Indonesia? What is the instrumentation of kroncong?
- List ways in which the performance of kroncong and gamelan are similar, even though the instrumentation is quite different.
- The ______________________ style of pop music has the unique characteristic of being derived from a style of professional folk entertainment of _________________ (West Java) and does not have foreign derivations or influences like other popular genres reviewed.
- A young musician named _______________________ was responsible for introducing the amalgamation of various Sundanese musical components that started the jaipongan craze in 1974.
- How has tourism affected traditional arts in places like Java and Bali? Positive or negative?
- The national motto of Indonesia is “Bhinneka Tungal Ika.” How does this statement reflect Indonesian demographics and history?