The assignment should be written in 7th EDITION APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1700 words in length and include at least TWO scholarly nursing sources other than provided materials.
Identify an older adult age 65 +, use a 1st and last initial. Execute a therapeutic assessment interview with them for at least two interview sessions assessing their self-identified
(IMPORTANT NOTE: EACH SECTION (bullet point) BELOW SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN HEADING per 7th Edition APA style)
- Demographics, life time education and career/employment
- Two most significant (positive) times in their lives
- What past hardship or loss has the client successfully negotiated in the past?
- Two personal strengths
- Engage them in identifying what is healthy versus non-healthy coping skills
- Inquire of 2 healthy coping skills they have used in the past and/or now
- Three (3) pieces of advice they would give to their younger self if they could?
- Report the findings (DO NOT PUT A COPY OF THE ASSESSMENT IN PAPER–only results) from the Geriatric Depression Scale, Fulmer Spices, Patient Stress Questionnaire, and the Mini-Mental Status Exam (4 results)
- Again, Report the findings (DO NOT PUT A COPY OF THE ASSESSMENT IN PAPER–only results) from the Geriatric Depression Scale, Fulmer Spices, Patient Stress Questionnaire, and the Mini-Mental Status Exam (4 results)
- Discuss your older adultâ€™s level of ego integrity vs. despair as described by psychoanalyst Erik Erikson. If you had to rate them on a scale of 1-10, with 1 representing a full state of despair and 10 representing full ego integrity, what rating would you give your older adult?
- Describe at least TWO nursing diagnoses for this client. (WRITE THEM AS NURSING DIAGNOSES)
- WRITE AS A CARE PLAN: Create a plan of care for the client to include at least THREE nursing goals with TWO nursing interventions each. (3 Goals–each goal should have 2 interventions)