1.PLEASE WATCH. VIDEO https://youtu.be/mpEk5V7HDx4
2. ANSWER 2 QUESTIONS. BOTH RESPONSES NEEDS TO BE MINIMUM 250 WORDS
3. COMMENT OR GIVE YOUR PROSPECTIVE ON THE RESPONSE FROM A CLASSMATE . NEEDS TO BE 250 WORD
1. What does Greene mean by “Never outshine the master”?
2. What is “dead time” vs “alive time” according to Greene? How does watching TV versus writing a song or reading a book or writing a story compare?
CLASSMATE RESPONDED TO THESE TWO QUESTIONS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO RESPOND BACK BY COMMENTING OR GIIVNG YOUR OPINION ON THIER ANSWERS.
How should you use this “down time” during COVID-19? What can you do to improve yourself according to Greene?
- According to Greene, during the COVID-19 pandemic we constantly have the temptation to look outward, and to seek validation and temporary peace in activities that do not help us reflect on ourselves. He urges us instead to “analyze our own emotions” whether that be in the act of journaling, creative writing, or discussion with others about our own mental states. He warns that if we do not undergo this process, we have the potential to create negative patterns that will become habits that extend past when COVID-19 ends.
What is “dead time” vs “alive time” according to Greene? How does watching TV versus writing a song or reading a book or writing a story compare?
- As stated in the video, “dead time” is the time spent when you are merely trying to “pass the time” by watching television, going online, or mindlessly trying to distract oneself. Conversely, “alive time” is the time spent doing something that helps you reflect on what’s going on inside yourself, whether it be journaling or creative writing. While “dead time” is a concerted effort to distract ourselves from the reality around and inside us, “alive time” is a concentrated expression of the uncertainty and discomfort that we may be trying to avoid.