After reviewing the resources assigned for this week and watching one of the movies provided in the suggested list in the weekly introduction, apply one of the postmodern models, i.e. solution-focused, narrative, or collaborative, to a couple from the movie by creating a treatment plan for the couple. Follow these instructions:
- Case Description: Provide a brief summary of the clientsâ€™ presenting problem, history, and current functioning. Note: Use the couple from the movie to develop the case study (donâ€™t write about the movie). Itâ€™s fine for you to elaborate or make up information to fit the scenario you want to address.
- Case Conceptualization and Treatment Plan: Provide a case conceptualization and treatment plan for this couple based on your chosen model.
- Reflection: Write a brief 1-page reflection about this experience. Do you think youâ€™d use this model in your work with couples? Why or why not? What personal values/biases might come up for you while working with this couple? How will you address these?
Length: 3-5 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
- Oâ€™Leary, K. D., Heyman, R. E., & Jongsma, A. E., Jr. (2014). The couples psychotherapy treatment planner with DSM-5 updates. Hoboken, New Jersey…
- Gehart Diane. (2016). Treatment Planning With Couples and Families. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling.
Aducci, C. J. (2012). â€œAsk the Person that Lived It. That Would Be Me.â€ A discursive therapy approach to countering social inequalities in a…
Cohn, A. S. (2014). Romeo and Julius: A narrative therapy intervention for sexual-minority Couples. Journal Of
- Kim, H., Prouty, A. M., & Roberson, P. E. (2012). Narrative therapy with intercultural couples: A case study. Journal Of Family Psychotherapy…
- Pope, A. L., Murray, C. E., Kemer, G. (2013). Development of the Couples Resource Scales.
Tambling, R. B. (2012). Solution-oriented therapy for survivors of sexual assault and their partners.