Please choose one topic from the list of topics provided and type a 5-paragraph essay in MLA format that includes all of the following elements:
- An introduction that catches your readerâ€™s attention and contains a clear, concise thesis statement.
- Body paragraphs with well-articulated topic sentences that are supported by strong, specific examples and/or details.
- A conclusion that summarizes your paper and brings your essay to a final thought.
Make sure you proofread and edit your essay before you submit.
Choose One of the Following Topics to Write About:
- Have you ever traveled to a place that you found very meaningful and rewarding? Write an essay that persuades others to visit this important place.
- Many of us spend hours in front of our computers and communicate more by e-mail or instant-messaging than in person. Some people believe that this is good because it helps shy people communicate more openly with others. Others believe that computer communication prevents us from developing interpersonal skills and limits our ability to have meaningful relationships with others. How do you feel about this issue? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- A few decades ago, many families had half a dozen or more children. Nowadays, more and more families are choosing to have only one or two children. Are smaller families better than larger ones? Why or why not? State your position and support it with specific reasons and examples.
- Representatives of credit card companies can often be found on college campuses offering special incentives to get students to fill out credit card applications. Many people feel that this takes advantage of students, who are often low on cash during their college years. Others feel that it is an excellent way to help students begin to build credit and learn financial responsibility. How do you feel about this issue? Take a position and use specific reasons and examples to support your argument.
- Today, there are more and more reality shows on television. Do these shows make good television? Why or why not? Explain your answer using specific reasons and examples.