Where in the World Is Evidence-Based Practice?
March 21, 2010, was not EBPâ€™s date of birth, but it may be the date the approach â€œgrew upâ€ and left home to take on the world.
When the Affordable Care Act was passed, it came with a requirement of empirical evidence. Research on EBP increased significantly. Application of EBP spread to allied health professions, education, healthcare technology, and more. Health organizations began to adopt and promote EBP.
In this Discussion, you will consider this adoption. You will examine healthcare organization websites and analyze to what extent these organizations use EBP.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the definition and goal of EBP.
- Choose a professional healthcare organizationâ€™s website (e.g., a reimbursing body, an accredited body, or a national initiative).
- Explore the website to determine where and to what extent EBP is evident.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a description of the healthcare organization website you reviewed. Describe where, if at all, EBP appears (e.g., the mission, vision, philosophy, and/or goals of the healthcare organization, or in other locations on the website). Then, explain whether this healthcare organizationâ€™s work is grounded in EBP and why or why not. Finally, explain whether the information you discovered on the healthcare organizationâ€™s website has changed your perception of the healthcare organization. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 1
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by visiting the websites they shared and offering additional examples of EBP or alternative views/interpretations to those shared in your colleaguesâ€™ posts.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message.
PLESE PROVIDE AT LEAST 5 REFERANCES
Broome, M., & Marshall, E. S. (2021). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 2, â€œTransformational Leadership: Complexity, Change, and Strategic Planningâ€ (pp. 34â€“62)
- Chapter 3, â€œCurrent Challenges in Complex Health Care Organizations and the Quadruple Aimâ€ (pp. 66â€“97)