Internal analysis helps companies understand why differences in firm performance exist even within the same industry. Companies that compete in the same industry face similar external opportunities and threats; therefore, any observable performance difference must be found inside the firm. In this module, you will study the internal resources, capabilities, core competencies, and value chain of the firm you have selected for this project.
See a description and overview for the Case Project Weekly Updates and the Strategy Term Project Portfolio due by Week Eight.
For this module, complete or answer the following:
1. A good place to start with an internal firm analysis is to catalog the assets a firm has. List the firmâ€™s tangible assets. Then make a separate list of its intangible assets.
2. Now extend beyond the asset base and use the VRIO framework to identify the competitive position held by your firm. Which, if any, of these resources, are helpful in sustaining the firmâ€™s competitive advantage?
3. Identify the core competencies that are at the heart of the firmâ€™s competitive advantage. (Remember, a firm will have only one, or at most a few, core competencies, by definition.) 4. Perform a SWOT analysis for your firm. Remember that strengths and weaknesses (S, W) are internal to the firm, and opportunities and threats (O, T) are external. Prioritize the strategic actions that you would recommend to your firm. Refer to the Implications for Strategic Leaders section on how to conduct a SWOT analysis and provide recommendations building from strategic alternatives.
- Submit the assignment in Microsoft Office format.
- Format the assignment using APA formatting and writing style.
General Expectations for All Written Assignments:
Papers should follow current APA guidelines in terms of type, margins, and citations and address the following areas:
1. The actual assignment topic. Consult the instructor for additional information or clarity on assignment instructions.
2. Cover the assignment topic in sufficient detail and depth with scholarly sources to support claims.
Below are weeks 1, 2, & 3 that I have already completed. Please reference them for this assignment.