As-Is Process Flow Chart Evaluation
Create a new Word doc to use for the elements of this assignment.
Â Select a process from an organization you work for or are familiar with. You will use this process in your assessments for Competency 2 and 3 as well.
Create a flowchart of the as-is process using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Vizio, or Excel. Insert the flow chart in your Word doc with the header “As-Is Process Flow Chart Evaluation.”
Under the flow chart in your Word doc, write an evaluation of the efficacy of your process using process improvement techniques.
Process Improvement Flow Chart
Determine how the process can be improved based on the results of your evaluation.
Define metrics and measure the current process. Add the metrics and measures to your Word doc.
Use process improvement techniques to improve the process. Create a flow chart of the improved process using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Vizio, or Excel. Use your professional judgment to ascertain how the future process will perform according to your metrics.Â
Insert your new flow chart on your Word doc under the header “Process Improvement Flow Chart.”
Continue to Step 3: Executive Summary
Write a 525-word executive summary on your Word doc under the header “Executive Summary.” Include the following in your summary:
- A brief description of the process based on the flowchart of processes current state
- The results of your process evaluation and how the weak points can be strengthened. Include a description of the process improvement technique(s) used.
- A brief description of process improvements based on the process of the future state
- How you anticipate the future process will perform based on metrics used to evaluate process current state
- A description of your process improvement project to achieve the process future state
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
Continue to Part B: Statistical Process Control Methods.