PANDEMIC PROJECTSHARK TANKCHILDRENâ€™S CREATIVITY PRODUCTÂ
If you have not seen the ABC television show, Shark Tank, you will need to watch an episode before you begin this project just to get the concept of it. The new shows typically air on Fridays on ABC or you can watch it for free on their website at:http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank oron YouTube. They also have â€œShark Tankâ€ reruns on CNBC to air older episodes. The show is about everyday people who create new products, businesses, ideas, etc. and pitch their company to millionaire and billionaire investors in hopes of getting a â€œSharkâ€ to invest.
This assignment is for each student to create their own product or idea that relates to children and to childrenâ€™s creativity and to set up a business as if you are selling the idea to the Shark Tank judges. It must be a product or project you can create for children during our current pandemic. We have seen such creativity during the past 1Â½ yrs. because we have had to see it. There are so many different ideas that may come to mind because of the pandemic.
So, not only are you designing the product but also the business itself:
- 1) Who will benefit from the product/idea?
- 2) What are the benefits of it once people buy it?
- 3) How will you market it?
- 4) How will you sell it?
- 5) How do you get the â€œSharksâ€ to be interested and invest in it?
- 6) What will be the cost for you to make it and for people to buy it? 7) How will it benefit children/families during the pandemic?