Part 3 – Economic Review – Topic Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
For Part 3 of your Course Project you will determine the economic conditions of the international marketplace as it relates to your product. Things to consider:
- Gross Domestic Product – GDP represents the market value of all final goods and services produced within a country during a given period. The figure is usually given in nominal and real formats, with real GDP adjusting for changes in monetary value. Given its vast breadth, this indicator is among the most-watched by the financial markets.
- Employment Indicators – The productivity and wealth of a country’s citizens is arguably the ultimate determiner of economic success. Employment indicators, such as labor force, payroll, and unemployment data estimate how many citizens are employed and whether they are making more or less money than before.
- Consumer Price Index – CPI measures changes in the prices of consumer goods and services that are purchased by households. The index is a statistical estimate created by using prices from a sample of representative items collected periodically. Often times, this measure is used as a gauge of inflation, which can positively or negatively affect a country’s currency.
- Central Bank Minutes – Central banks create monetary policy and exert significant control over a country’s economy. Consequently, the financial markets tend to listen closely to every word that central bankers utter publicly for clues about the future. Central bank minutes are formal releases that contain valuable economic commentary that can signal future policy action.
- PMI Manufacturing & Services – The Purchasing Manager’s Index (PMI) is an economic indicator developed by Markit Group and the Institute for Supply Management. By polling businesses on a monthly basis, the index reflects the acquisition of goods and services by purchasing managers. The two most important surveys are the PMI Manufacturing and PMI Services indices
- Minimum length requirement is three to four APA formatted pages with at least three sources cited within your paper, including two sources from the professional literature (a textbook, professional journal or online resource that is provided by a professional organization).
- For assistance with writing an APA format paper, please refer to the Citing Your Sources: APA Formatting page.