I’m working on a health & medical question and need guidance to help me learn.
TOPIC: A systematic review: Effectiveness of clinical diagnosis and management of malaria in children in Nigeria.
- Give a brief overview of the topic. (Reference each point)
- Explain why the topic is important (justification) reference each point.
- State the aim (1) and the objectives of the project (4), e.g. a review of the surrounding literature onâ€¦ a systematic review of the primary research; a discussion of the results â€“ linked to nursing)
- The research questions
This is an in-depth critique and exploration of the topic and its associated issues. Look at all relevant research around the topic.
- Start with a brief background to the topic question ( reference accordingly).
- Include statistics and links to a higher policy like WHO, DH. NICE etc.
- highlight the key issues and theoretical issues, surrounding the topic relating to your research question (leading to the gap in knowledge). Reference needed
- It will include key pieces of research.
- It should ideally relate to nursing practice and impact.
METHODS AND ANALYSIS
- Explain what a systematic review is and its purpose. (reference each point).
- Who are the Review team?
- Information sources – Which databases have you used?
- Which search terms have you used? You can put in a table with MEsH headings.
- Review question – Detail PICOTS or PEO ( reference points accordingly).
- study design. Explain what type of research you are looking for: such as RCTs, quantitative qualitative, mixed methods and why. (Reference each point).
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria- explain each term (reference needed).
- discuss why chosen in details â€“ you can put into a table.
- Study screening, selection and data extraction ( reference each point).
- Study feasibility (reference your points).
- Quality assessment (reference your points).
- Assessment of risk of bias and grading strength of evidence (reference needed).
- Data synthesis and statistical analysis (reference each needed)
- Discussions and research outcome.
- Cost and funding.
- Ethical approval and dissemination.