I’m working on a English exercise and need support.
Read The Dew Breaker (the entire collection-novel). Then, prepare an annotation of it.
The Annotated Reading and Critical Response assignment has six components (format your annotation with these headings):
- Ask Questions;
- Make Comments;
- Draw Connections + Conclusions;
- Paraphrase Significant Passages;
- Identify Key Points in the stories (you will need to re-type this section as I cannot view the items you choose to underline and highlight); and
- Identify and Define Vocabulary.
Note: Here are two examples of this assignment — these students only commented on the first three stories. Please do not utilize their awarenesses — these are only guides; they have errors as they are actual student examples.
Note: Do not forget to respond to two of your peers’ annotations
- Make sure to make connections between your responses and their own; your experiences and those revealed in the text; and, the general clarity of the ideas presented.
Hint: For support on active reading, see the folllowing: