1. Flexibility AssessmentÂ
or this activity, Â I want you to try Â two different assessments that are in the textbook — including — Sit-N-Reach, as well as the Back Scratch assessments !! Â Additionally, there are many different types of dynamic and static stretches presented in the textbook. Â Please review these and identify a few exercises that seem best for you to try/attempt. Â Â This activity will be for you to observe and gain understanding about these two very common flexibility exercises!!
For your submission of this activity, please address the following:
Complete assessments for flexibility (see pg 148), including sit-and-reach test (pgs 149-151) and back scratch test (pgs 152-154), and provide your best interpretation of how well you performed these two flexibility assessments Â
Identify and list various static stretching exercises (pgs 160-172) that you feel would be helpful for you and your body type.
- 2. Â Functional Fitness Activity Assignment — Neuromotor Fitness
Please read the following and submit a one-page response to the activities that you complete and the outcome from your neuromotor assessment:
Complete one of the following assessments for neuromotor fitness (see page 183), including the 4-stage balance test (page 184), the standing reach test (pg 185), , and the agility T-test (pg 187). Â Â Compare your results to the normative tables in the book.
Identify 3 exercises that would be good for you to perform on a regular basis — choosing from stationary balance, agility, push, pull, or dynamic balance exercises Â — AND indicate â€˜whyâ€™ you would select these exercises (see photos/descriptions – pgs 194-204)
3. BMI Activity AssignmentBased upon the following:
Determine the BMI given the age for the following sample cases [Subjects # 1-4] using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention BMI calculator for children and teens (https://www.hopkinsallchildrens.org/Patients-Families/Health-Library/HealthDocNew/Body-Mass-Index-(BMI)-Charts (Links to an external site.)):
- SUBJECT 1:
Birthdate: January 1, 2010; date of measurement: January 1, 2017; male who is 4 foot tall and 70 poundsÂ
- SUBJECT 2:
- Birthdate: June 1, 2002; date of measurement: June 15, 2017; female who is 4 foot 10 inches tall and 95 pounds
Birthdate: August 1, 2007; date of measurement: August 21, 2017; male who is 4 foot 8 inches tall and 76 pounds
- Birthdate: March 1, 2003; date of measurement: May 15, 2017; female who is 5 feet 8 inches tall and 103 pounds
Please write Â up your results — BMI calculation — in a one-page paper.
4. Older Adult
Please read the ‘position stand’ (identified below as a PDF) Â and submit a one-page response related to the attached article entitled “Exercise and Physical Activity for Older Adults”
- â€œ[D]espite large differences in genetic background among those of a given age, it seems that physical activity may be a lifestyle factor that discriminates between individuals who have and have not experienced successful aging.â€ What factors are involved in successful aging?Â