Instructions â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 11th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
Weight: 05 Marks
- Recognize how global competitive environments are changing supply chain management and
- Interpret the use advanced theory and methods to identify inefficiencies in supply chains
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review about available literature through secondary available information. Think about how you can apply the concepts/tools that you learned in this course.
Logistics outsourcing has attracted the attention of lots of Supply chain industrialist in recent years. As firms enlarge their global reach, they often find that they need to reconsider their internal capabilities in managing the global supply chain. In many cases firms decide to outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or outsourcing firms (Trent & Roberts, 2009).
Using this concept of outsourcing you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi company or any Multinational company of your choice.
1. Discuss, how outsourcing firms function for smooth flow of SCM? (1.5 Marks)
2. Evaluate, the reasons for using outsourcing logistics service in Saudi Arabia/any company of your choice. Using some good examples. (1.5 Marks)
3. Reasons why outsourcing logistics arrangement are not always successful? (1.5 Marks)
4. References (0.5 Marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
- Each answer should be 400 to 500 range of word counts.
- Outsourcing Companies
- Their Main functions
- Any local example
- Reasons with suitable Examples
Note: You can Support your answer by reading chapter 4 of your book.
You can use secondary source available on internet.