You must use the attached template for your paper, failure to do so will result in a return of your paper for you to redo, a reduction in points, or both.
Write a research paper addressing the following global terrorism issues:
- In week 3, we discussed the Dilemmas in the Deterrence of Terrorists (Chapter 4 in The Counter Terrorism Puzzle). Why is deterring terrorists a challenge? Do you think terrorists be deterred? Address both sides of the argument (through diplomacy, information, military, economic, financial, intelligence and law enforcement (D.I.M.E.F.I.L.) means).
- The U.S. Government published the most recent National Strategy for Counterterrorism (NSCT) in October 2018. For this second topic you are to develop a framework for a brand-new National Strategy for Counter Terrorism of the United States. Address both domestic (homeland) components and offensive overseas elements. Make sure to address how you will balance domestic security with civil liberties at home and how you will be effective in dealing with terrorists abroad without creating even more terrorists in the process. Make sure your framework employs all elements of national power (diplomatic, informational, military, economic, intelligence, law enforcement, financial). Also describe the importance of gathering all sources of domestic and overseas intelligence for effective counter terrorism efforts. You do not need to write an entire strategy, just the outline or framework for a new NSCT; an executive summary or details of your pillars or plan of action for a comprehensive strategy.
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 5-6 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content; however, a minimum of eight (8) scholarly sources are required to support your paper.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.