My business is to open my own independent record label. My label is called limitless
In Milestone Six, you will submit an audiovisual presentation (such as PowerPoint with audio) designed to pitch your concept to potential financial backers or senior executives. Your presentation should highlight the key elements of your business concept and implementation plan that are most likely to convince your audience to support the idea moving forward. Remember that while your audience wants to know you have thoroughly researched and planned out your idea, including implementation, they do not want a verbatim or lengthy repetition of the information in the business implementation plan when you pitch the idea. Instead, you should strategically select the information you will present and in how much detail based on your intended audience. You should bear in mind the key information they will want to know and the types of concerns they are likely to have, and anticipate the types of questions they are likely to ask.
Also bear in mind that financial or managerial support for a project often has as much to do with the individuals leading the project as with the concept. Backers need to be convinced of project leadersâ€™ and key staffâ€™s ability to be the face and drivers of the idea, as well as of their honesty and integrity. Since you are presumably one of the key team members, how you present is just as important as what you present in building audience trust. Be sure to communicate clearly and professionally throughout.
Note: If you plan to use a presentation software other than PowerPoint, please check in with your instructor to make sure your instructor can access the software you plan to use.
- ? Â Highlight the key elements of your business concept and implementation plan that are most likely to convince your audience to support the idea.
- ? Â Strategically select the information you will present and the level of detail based on your intended audience.
- ? Â Anticipate the key information the audience will want to know, the types of concerns they are likely to have, and the types of questions they are likely toask.
- ? Â Highlight the project leadersâ€™ and key staffâ€™s ability to be the face and drivers of the idea.
- ? Â Your presentation should be clear, professional, and engaging to a diverse business audience.