Foreign Market Entry Analysis
Imagine that you are a senior VP of a firm that is headquartered in a developed country. Pick an emerging economy that your firm should consider entering. The board of directors has requested an analysis of some of the opportunities and threats within the external environment of the country that you have chosen.
- Decide which method of presentation you will use:
- Written report, typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- PowerPoint with narration, where you use Kaltura to record your screen as you talk (screencast).
- Video presentation in which you use your webcam and Kaltura to record yourself presenting. (Do not exceed seven minutes, as this may present file size issues) Tip: Make time to practice!
- Structuring an Effective Presentation.
- How to Deliver an Effective Presentation.
- Death by PowerPoint.
- Creating and Submitting Video Assignments Using Kaltura Desktop App.
Write a report (2â€“3 pages recommended), or PowerPoint slide presentation with narration (5â€“7 slides recommended), or a video presentation (3â€“5 minutes recommended) for the board of directors. Include these components:
- Identify the developed country and emerging economy that you have chosen.
- Analyze the external environment within the country to identify areas of opportunity and threat that should be considered before market entry. Note: Your analysis should only consider elements from the perspective of your industry.
- Social and cultural.
- Political, legal, and regulatory.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the external environment of a country to identify areas of opportunity and threats to consider before market entry.