Imagine that you work for a consulting firm that offers information Â technology and database services. Part of its core services is to Â optimize and offer streamlined solutions for efficiency. In this Â scenario, your firm has been awarded a contract to implement a new Â personnel system for a government agency. This government agency has Â requested an optimized data repository for its system, which will enable Â the management staff to perform essential human resources (HR) duties Â along with the capability to produce ad hoc reporting features for Â various departments. They look forward to holding data that will allow Â them to perform HR core functions such as hiring, promotions, policy Â enforcement, benefits management, and training.
Using this scenario, write a 3â€“4 page paper in which you:
- Determine the steps in the development of an effective entity Â relationship model (ERM) diagram and determine the possible iterative Â steps and factors that one must consider in this process, with Â consideration of the HR core functions and responsibilities of the Â client.
- Analyze the risks that can occur if any of the developmental or iterative steps of creating an ERM diagram are not performed.
- Select and rank at least five entities that would be required for the development of the data repositories.
- Specify the components that would be required to hold time-variant data for policy enforcement and training management.
- Diagram a possible 1:M solution that will hold salary history Â data, job history, and training history for each employee through the Â use of graphical tools. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not Â included in the required page length.
- Plan each step of the normalization process to ensure the 3NF Â level of normalization using the selected five entities of the personnel Â database solution. Document each step of the process and justify your Â assumptions in the process.
- Diagram at least five possible entities that will be required to sustain a personnel solution. (Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.) The diagram should include the following: Â Â Â Â
- Dependency diagrams.
- Multivalued dependencies.