select one specific drug to focus on for your final Learning Team Assignment. This one drug can be an illicit drug— (such as heroin, Ecstasy, LSD, MDMA, etc.), OR a prescription drug— (such as Xanax, Oxycodone, Paxil etc.), OR a legal drug (such as marijuana [in some states], alcohol, tobacco, etc.)
Develop a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation with at least 1 paragraph of substantive speaker notes for every content slide in which you addressed the following:
- Identify your selected drug and define its primary use in USA culture (be sure to include title page and strong statement about why you selected your drug; this section 2-3 slides).
- Identify rates of use and populations affected by using this drug (be sure to cover sociological concerns and diversity, as well as, statistics and rates stats; 2-3 slides).
- Discuss the regions of the brain affected by this drug and how this drug alters brain chemistry (include information about the specific neurotransmitters involved and regions of the brain affected; 2-3 slides).
- Explain how high versus low doses of this drug compared in altering behavior, mood, and cognition (discuss the effects of dosage on addiction; 1-2 slides).
- Discuss the implications of onetime, casual, or long-term use on the physiology of the brain, and on behavior, mood, and cognition (for example, can a person use this drug moderately and not experience effects, etc; 2-3 slides).
- Explain how therapeutic interventions would be used to treat the addiction (discuss current treatment options, like you did in your Week 5 paper, and recommendations for treatment; 2-3 slides.
- Intro and Conclusion slides
- Add citations in slides and full reference either to the speaker notes or as a footnote on slides and be sure to have at least 5-10 references for entire presentation.
- Be sure that substantive speaker notes to include what you would actually say if the presentation was given to a live audience. Use full sentences.
- Be sure that your slides have between 4-5 sentences on every slide and avoid one-word statements “drugs”.
- Add ample graphics, pictures, diagrams, etc. to every slide and add a PP theme.
- Use between 18-24 point font.