I’m working on a writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Providing opportunities and strategies for families to be involved in their childâ€™s education is an important aspect of being an early childhood educator. Engaging and empowering families to participate in the education process promotes student learning and achievement and can be accomplished in creative ways. For this assignment, you will combine a project-based learning experience with a classroom geography fair to promote student learning in early childhood social studies education.
Research project-based learning in early childhood social studies education to build knowledge of best practice application.Â
Choose a theme or topic for students to focus on that is aligned with one or more state standards for geography at the grade level you wish to teach.
Research free website hosting platforms (e.g., Wix, Weebly, Webstarts, GoDaddy, or Google Sites) and create an account, making sure to save a link to your website for reference.
Develop a website to promote your classâ€™s study of geography and the culminating classroom geography fair in which you:
Describe the concept of project-based learning and how it influences student learning.
Present a comprehensive list of types of projects for students to choose from and strategies for selecting appropriately.
- Describe the theme/topic for the project-based learning assignment.
- Explain the expectations for the project-based learning assignment, including:
- Timeline for completionÂ
- Guidelines for writing and content
- Strategies for families to support the student
- Explain the purpose of the classroom geography fair and how it supports family involvement and student learning.
- Promote the activities that will be offered at the classroom geography fair.
- Formulate a list of home extension activities for families that supports the theme/topic of the project and fair.
- Generate a comprehensive directory of community-based resources for students and families that support social studies education.
- Use appropriate text, color, images, and/or multimedia to make your website engaging, well organized, and attractive.
- Create a MicrosoftÂ® Word document with a link to your web page for submission and ensure the website is marked public so your instructor can view it.